dr.ir. Robert Schuwer (The Hague, 1955) is expert open education. My affiliation is professor Open Educational Resources at Fontys University of Applied Sciences, School of ICT.
In september 2016, UNESCO has established a UNESCO Chair on OER to Fontys. This chair is held by me. More information.
Some background information:
- Master Mathematics at the Catholic University Nijmegen (1980)
- MsC Computer Science at Eindhoven University of Technology (1989)
- PhD at Eindhoven University of Technology. Thesis Het nut van kennissystemen (The value of Knowledge Base Systems) (1993)
- Specialisms: implementation and policies on open educational resources and open education
- Experience a.o. teacher mathematics, assistant/associate professor Management Science and Computer Science, CTO at a software development company, independant consultant for solving information problems
- Captain of the subprogram Towards (open) digital educational resources in the Dutch Acceleration agenda for Innovation of Higher Education using Technology (2018-)
- Chairman of the Special Interest Group Open Education of SURF (2010-)
- Project leader Content at the national program Wikiwijs (2009-2013)
- Project leader of the project OpenER at the Open University Netherlands (2006-2008)