dr.ir. Robert Schuwer (The Hague, 1955) is expert open education. My affiliation is professor Open Educational Resources at Fontys University of Applied Sciences, School of ICT.
In september 2016, UNESCO has established a UNESCO Chair on OER to Fontys. This chair is held by me. More information.
Some background information:
- Master Mathematics at the Catholic University Nijmegen (1980)
- MsC Computer Science at Eindhoven University of Technology (1989)
- PhD at Eindhoven University of Technology. Thesis Het nut van kennissystemen (The value of Knowledge Base Systems) (1993)
- Specialisms: open education, data and process modeling for system development, facilitating sessions with electronic meeting systems
- Experience a.o. teacher mathematics, assistant/associate professor Management Science and Computer Science, CTO at a software development company, independant consultant for solving information problems
- Project leader of the project OpenER at the Open University Netherlands
- Project leader Content at the national program Wikiwijs (2009-2013)
- Chairman of the Special Interest Group Open Education of SURF