Copyright and Attribution
All content on this site is available for reuse under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution International 4.0 license. This means that, in case of reuse, I have to be attributed, using the following phrase:
Source by Robert Schuwer on https://robertschuwer.nl, licensed under CC-BY International 4.0
I cannot be held responsible for any incomplete or incorrect information found through this website. No rights can be derived from the data displayed on this website. I do not accept any liability for damage caused by visiting this site or for any damage caused by services provided,
content offered or referred to. The general use of any information obtained through this website is at the risk of the user.
This website contains references or hyperlinks to other sites or sources that are outside my domain. I am not responsible for the content or availability of these sites or resources. I make no warranty nor do I accept any liability with regard to the content, data, advice, statements, software, products or other materials on such sites or sources.
This privacy statement is derived from the ones by Wilfred Rubens and Theo Mansen.
This website is an initiative of Robert Schuwer. The purpose of this website is to provide information about forms of open online education in the broadest sense of the word. Collecting all kinds of personal data from visitors to this website does not serve this purpose and will therefore not happen.
But, maybe you want
- send me a reply (question, comment or otherwise) by e-mail or
- respond to a blogpost on this website
You will then have to provide two personal details, namely your e-mail address and your name. I do everything I can to protect your privacy. Personal data will therefore be treated with the greatest possible care.
Protection of devices
My devices (desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone) are only accessible by using a password or code. If I do not use my devices, third parties will not be able to access the data on these devices as they do not have a password or code. The laptop is closed and the tablet / smartphone is off. All devices are equipped with anti-virus software with the most up-to-date virus definition files.
I clean my mailbox annually (end of December), following the guidelines:
- I will store e-mails relating to assignments for a maximum of two years after completion of the project, unless agreed otherwise with the client. The reason for this is that clients can come back to the content of the order a long time after it has been completed.
- I keep e-mails that are relevant to my financial administration indefinitely.
- I will store other business e-mails with personal data for a maximum of two years. In practice shorter. However, I carry out the clean-up operation once a year. I keep these e-mails in order to be able – if necessary – to read back the history of interactions.
I store e-mails on my desktop or with a European hosting provider. Currently I am using WebaWere Internet Solutions BV, which is based in Papendrecht (the Netherlands) and uses servers that are located in different data centres in the Amsterdam region.
The response form under each blogpost
- You can use the response form under each blogpost to respond to that blogpost.
- If you post a response, it will be publicly displayed with the relevant message. Any visitor to this website will be able to read and respond to that response.
- If you want me to remove a response you have posted afterwards – for whatever reason – you can report this by sending an e-mail based on the title and date of publication of the message to which you responded. Your response will be deleted as soon as possible.
- Messages and related responses on this website are readable for the whole world and can be included in search engines (e.g. Google etc.), so that they can still be found after the original has been removed from the website. Other websites/weblogs may also take over your response. I have no control over neither the inclusion of your response in search engines nor its transfer to other websites / weblogs.
- As soon as you post a response to any message, I’ll receive an email. This e-mail message – after I have read it – is immediately deleted by me via “shift-delete”. It is then permanently deleted and cannot be retrieved.
- If in my opinion the content of the response contains “spam”, the response will be removed by me from the dashboard of my website.
- You have the right to ask for access to and correction or deletion of your data, as you yourself have indicated in the responses to messages. You can also ask me – by sending an e-mail – to remove or correct your response.
Provision to third parties
I will only use information provided by you for the purpose for which it was provided by you. Your personal data will never be made available by me to others.
I reserve the right to make changes to the privacy statement. Therefore, please check my privacy statement regularly.
If you have a complaint about how I process personal data, contact me via e-mail. You also have the right to lodge a complaint at the Dutch Data Protection Authority.