Select from publications, presentations or press
Overview of publications in other media
- Bibliography, curated by ROER4D.
- CORE, search engine for Open Access publications.
- The Review Project, publications with evidence for OER-claims, curated by John Hilton III.
- Research reports from the EdX research consortium.
Prof. Rory McGreal from Athabasca University in Canada maintains the OER Knowledgecloud with publications about open education. The most recent additions are listed:
- Open Innovation Framework: Emerging Narratives from the ICDE OER Advocacy Committee March 31, 2022Open education is an umbrella term under which various notions of open education can be accommodated. This paper addresses open educational resources, open science, and open innovation. A proposed framework for Open Innovation is suggested. In summary, the main points and suggested applications are: 1. review the mission and policies of higher education institutions as […]
- Open Educational Resources in the Commonwealth 2021 March 22, 2022The present report is the outcome of a study on the status of OER in the Commonwealth conducted in late 2021. Considering the importance of OER in the context of the challenges posed by Covid-19, the findings shall be useful for Member States and educational institutions to mainstream OER. The overall objective is to help […]
- Integrating OER in Teaching: A Guide for Teachers in the Pacific March 22, 2022This guide is intended to assist teachers in the Pacific to integrate Open Educational Resources (OER) into their teaching. It shows ways in which teachers can use OER in their classroom, as well as supporting remote learners. This guide contains five units: (1) Developing a framework for hybrid/blended learning in school; (2) Customising OER to […]
- The Open University March 2, 2022I thought what I would do this evening is to talk briefly about the Open University - under several different headings. First, let me give you the background of the development and I will try to do this without driving the foreground, underground. The idea of an Open University was first mentioned by Mr. Harold […]
- An Introduction to Open Education December 20, 2021This open-access edited volume features chapters by leading and emerging authors and researchers in the field of open education and open educational resources. Sections include the foundations of OE and OER, current research including open textbooks and dashboards, obstacles in the use of OER and open scholarship, and future directions such as open pedagogy. The […]
- Implication on Perceived Usefulness of Open Educational Resources After a Rapid Switch to Online Learning Mode October 21, 2021Evolved as open courseware, open online courses and tutorials, open access e-books and open source learning tools, open educational resources or OER are generally perceived as useful resources by university students. Over the last year, many higher education institutions have rapidly switched their usual classroom-based learning to online learning in order to accommodate the social […]
- A Hidden Dream: Open Educational Resources October 21, 2021Open-source materials are being used for education in a variety of contexts, and educators can reuse them to achieve different objectives in both higher education and public education. Educators in Palestine are using open education resources for professional development to improve their performance and learning. There are different advantages to open education resources; for example, […]
- Advancement of Open Learning through MOOCs in Academic Libraries: Impact and Challenges October 21, 2021Massive Open Online Courses or MOOCs have been accepted as an authentic source of learning, which have drastically changed the higher education system such as distance learning, online learning, e-learning, open learning methods etc. By adopting new tools and services to serve the learners, MOOCs are successfully reaching out to them. This form of open […]
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) in Sub-Saharan African Higher Education Landscape: A Bibliometric Review October 21, 2021In this study, we examined articles focused on Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) implemented in the sub-Saharan African (SSA) Higher Education context that describes the different models of MOOCs enacted as an initiative to provide access and opportunity to acquire quality higher education across different disciplines within the sub-region. In addition, the review aims to […]
- Student Perceptions of Textbooks: Prior Behaviors and Beliefs Can Influence Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Adoption Impact October 21, 2021Many Open Educational Resource (OER) and Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) studies explore cost savings, impact on learning outcomes, and student perceptions of the materials. While OER/ZTC research reports positive student perceptions (Brandle et al., 2019), textbook research reports negative student perceptions of digital textbooks (Behnke, 2018). This study explores student buying behavior and perceptions of […]