Select from publications, presentations or press
Overview of publications in other media
- Publications, curated by the Dutch SURF Special Interest Groep Open Education.
- Bibliography, curated by ROER4D.
- CORE, search engine for Open Access publications.
- The Review Project, publications with evidence for OER-claims, curated by John Hilton III.
- Research reports from the EdX research consortium.
Prof. Rory McGreal from Athabasca University in Canada maintains the OER Knowledgecloud with publications about open education. The most recent additions are listed:
- UNESCO OER Dynamic Coalition Consultations August 6, 2020Following the adoption of the OER Recommendation in November 2019, UNESCO launched the OER Dynamic Coalition in March 2020. The launch meeting defined a Roadmap for the activities of the Dynamic Coalition. The Coalition aims to reinforce international and regional cooperation among all stakeholders in the first four areas of the UNESCO OER Recommendation and […]
- La contribución del Proyecto EDIA a la Educación Abierta August 6, 2020¿Está en educación todo inventado?, ¿verdaderamente vivimos un momento de alteración del paradigma educativo?, ¿o estamos acaso condenados a vivir un eterno retorno pedagógico? A estas y otras preguntas similares puede responder el concepto de Educación Abierta, entendida como una educación accesible para todos y todas que permite además la participación activa de todos los […]
- Recursos accesibles para todos: recomedaciones de lectura fácil August 6, 2020Una de las características de los recursos educativos abiertos (REA) es la accesibilidad, entendida como la facilidad con la que un recurso puede ser localizado y utilizado. En ocasiones esa accesibilidad se relaciona únicamente con la gratuidad de los materiales y con su disponibilidad en repositorios y plataformas. Sin embargo, hay un aspecto fundamental que […]
- Lista de comprobación de calidad de un Recurso Educativo Abierto August 6, 2020Los docentes siempre han compartido sus recursos e ideas con los colegas de profesión, bien en forma de sencillos consejos y comentarios en la sala de profesores, compartiendo materiales educativos de referencia o mostrando materiales de elaboración propia. Pero la presencia de materiales digitales confeccionados por docentes ocupa un espacio cada vez mayor en la […]
- Ascertaining impacts of capacity building in open educational practices August 3, 2020Interest in the adoption of open educational practices (OEP) is growing, and the strongest arguments in its favor are that the adoption of such practices has the best chances of making education affordable and accessible to all. However, engagement with such practices requires the adoption of a fundamentally different set of beliefs and value systems […]
- The Online Interface and Social Inclusion: A MOOC Study in Turkey August 3, 2020One of the virtues of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) is that, because of their scalability, temporal flexibility and digital mediation, they have the potential to increase learner numbers in higher education, boosting their general level of social inclusion. Whether a MOOC actually succeeds in enhancing students’ social inclusion, however, is shaped by two elements […]
- Framing Open Educational Practices from a Social Justice Perspective August 3, 2020OEP (open educational practices), inclusive of open pedagogy, is often understood with respect to the use of OER (open educational resources) but can be conceived with more expansive conceptualisations (see Cronin & McLaren 2018; DeRosa & Jhangiani 2017; Koseoglu & Bozkurt 2018). This article attempts to build on existing OEP research and practice in two […]
- SocJustice and K-12 Teachers' Effective Use of OER: A Cross-Cultural Comparison by Nations August 3, 2020Open educational resources (OER) have the potential to promote social justice imperatives in education, but because of the uneven provision of technical infrastructure across different countries, it remains uncertain whether the people who need OER the most are its primary beneficiaries. In K-12 education, educators play a major role in the effort to incorporate OER […]
- Between Social Justice and Decolonisation: Exploring South African MOOC Designers' Conceptualisations and Approaches to Addressing Injustices August 3, 2020As social justice and decolonisation discussions fill the physical and virtual corridors of universities in South Africa, educators, and in this case, MOOC designers, are inevitably influenced by them. They are prompted to reflect on such topics, whether in agreement or with scepticism. Provoked by one interviewee’s comment that ‘you could decolonise and still have […]
- Who Gets to Wield Academic Mjolnir?: On Worthiness, Knowledge Curation, and Using the Power of the People to Diversify OER August 3, 2020In many academic fields Western/white/male/cishetero/abled perspectives are often centered, while other perspectives are presented as “other.” Implicitly, this sends messages to students that success looks like one type of person, knowledge is generated in one kind of way, and their background is not worth being centered. While open educational resources (OER) are often marketed as […]