Select from publications, presentations or press
Overview of publications in other media
- Bibliography, curated by ROER4D.
- CORE, search engine for Open Access publications.
- The Review Project, publications with evidence for OER-claims, curated by John Hilton III.
- Research reports from the EdX research consortium.
Prof. Rory McGreal from Athabasca University in Canada maintains the OER Knowledgecloud with publications about open education. The most recent additions are listed:
- UNESCO Chairs/UNITWIN Networks Consultation Report Form May 30, 2022Higher education must become more responsive to the needs of local communities and lead in the formation of independent responsible citizens with the knowledge and skills needed for the 21st century workforce. To this end higher education should be open to all, flexible, and multimodal to accommodate large numbers of students. This includes both universities […]
- Bridging the gap: Micro-credentials for development May 30, 2022This paper describes current trends and issues in implementing micro-credentials. The Covid19 epidemic, combined with the increasing cost of higher education; employer concerns about graduate skills and competencies; increasing inequities in access; and student frustrations about lack of job opportunities have all been a catalyst for universities, colleges, independent credentialing agencies, and leaders of national […]
- Acceptance and Barriers of Open Educational Resources in the Context to Indian Higher Education May 30, 2022The purpose of this study is to highlight the role and awareness of and barriers to Open Educational Resources (OERs) in Indian higher education, specifically in the State of Uttarakhand. This study further investigates the factors that hinder the progress of OER acceptance in the teaching and learning process of higher education and suggests ways […]
- Learning Objects in the Educational Context: The Perspective of Teachers in the Azores May 30, 2022This paper seeks to identify the pedagogical resources used by kindergarten, primary and secondary teachers in Azores Islands. Additionally, an investigation will be made into how these resources are mobilized in teachers’ pedagogical practice, with the aim of understanding to what extent digital resources, particularly learning objects, are present in schools. For this purpose, a […]
- Approaches to Monitor and Evaluate OER Policies in Higher Education - Tracing Developments in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland May 30, 2022The 2019 UNESCO recommendation on Open Educational Resources (OER) encourages member states to monitor policies and mechanisms in OER across the world. In higher education, there are many initiatives and policies around OER. This contribution gives insights into the current situation concerning OER policy documents that are of national or institutional relevance for public higher […]
- MORF: The MOOC Replication Framework May 30, 2022The MOOC Replication Framework (MORF) is a framework that facilitates the replication of previously published findings across multiple data sets. It facilitates the construction and evaluation of end-to-end pipelines from raw data to evaluation. MORF is designed to ensure the seamless integration of new findings as new research is conducted or new hypotheses are generated, […]
- Rediscovering an Old Genre: Open Textbook Publishing and University Presses May 24, 2022Most discussions about university presses focus on presses as monograph publishers. This article examines university presses as textbook publishers, and argues that presses could potentially play an important role in supporting the proliferation of open textbooks. I begin by tracing the long history of university presses’ involvement in textbook publishing, and more recently, presses’ involvement […]
- The Effects and Implications of Using Open Educational Resources in Secondary Schools May 21, 2022Open educational resources (OER) constitute a curriculum innovation that is considered revolutionary and has the potential to change the landscape of curriculum at all levels and content areas. OER have gained attention and widespread acceptance by educators and policy makers since 2002. The promise of OER is that they provide cost savings, promote collaboration, and […]
- Use of open education resources: exploring motivational aspects, challenges and its relationships with postgraduates' students learning achievements in Dodoma May 21, 2022Tanzania has recently started using Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in teaching and learning especially in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). Despite the use of the internet available across the country, Open Education Resources (OERs) have come to solve the problem of deficit of learning, teaching and research materials. This study measured the use of OERs: […]
- Open University Staff and Students’ Attitude towards Uses, Development and Barrier to Open Educational Resources May 21, 2022The continuous search for cost effective and almost low or no price fees course materials by staff and students to better their learning and research activities has been an issue for sometimes now. Therefore, Ex-post facto descriptive survey was used to study attitudes towards uses, development and barrier to open educational resources. The sample consisted […]