Select from publications, presentations or press
Overview of publications in other media
- Bibliography, curated by ROER4D.
- CORE, search engine for Open Access publications.
- The Review Project, publications with evidence for OER-claims, curated by John Hilton III.
- Research reports from the EdX research consortium.
Prof. Rory McGreal from Athabasca University in Canada maintains the OER Knowledgecloud with publications about open education. The most recent additions are listed:
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Open Educational Resources April 7, 2021Fair use enables the creation of new and different OER - resilient materials that give educators the control and flexibility to meet the needs of their students and the pedagogical goals of their courses. In competition with this vision, subscription-based, one-size-fits-all, and time-limited models restrict the ability of educators to adapt their materials to their […]
- Towards Understanding the Students’ Acceptance of MOOCs: A Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology (UTAUT) April 1, 2021Massive Open student's courses (MOOC) have stimulated the efforts made for improving the learning techniques and enhancing it the spectrum for students learning. Unfortunately, the acceptance of MOOC as a learning instrument remained low, which is perceived as an entertainment tool rather than an academic tool, particularly in developing countries. The study evaluated the student's […]
- Breaking Barriers: Understanding and Removing Barriers to OER Use April 1, 2021While there are many benefits to the use of OER, such as cost savings for students, increased access to resources, and the ability for faculty to adapt the resources to meet their specific needs, new and experienced faculty members also face many barriers when attempting to incorporate Open Educational Resources (OER) into their courses. Research […]
- OA Diamond Journals Study March 30, 2021Context From June 2020 to February 2021, a consortium of 10 organisations undertook a large-scale study on open access journals across the world that are free for readers and authors, usually referred to as "OA diamond journals". This study was commissioned by cOAlition S in order to gain a better understanding of the OA diamond […]
- An Examination of Presage, Process and Product Dimensions in Massive Open Online Courses March 30, 2021Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) have made a great progress around the world in the recent years. Bilgeİş Online Learning Portal (bilgeis.net) is one of the most comprehensive MOOC portals providing pdMOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses for Professional Development) for any learner who would like to enroll in an online course in Turkey. This study […]
- Educational Resources Developers' Copyright Protection: Civil and Labour Law Issues March 30, 2021Digital technologies development, expansion of distance learning forms application have given rise to the necessity of creating and placing substantial content both on open educational resources and those infrastructure websites of educational institutions with restricted access. This, in its turn, has led to the questions about authors and copyright holders of the content, distribution of […]
- Learning objects lost in the network March 21, 2021Most leading universities are using various elements of distance learning. Preparation of high-quality educational materials for the needs of studies, courses and training still consumes the majority of financial resources allocated by institutions for activities in the field of distance learning. The lack of a well-thought-out e-learning strategy for the creation of knowledge resources is […]
- Leveraging digital technology to bridge the global knowledge divide: The promise of MOOCs revisited March 21, 2021Massive open online courses (MOOCs) can be critical in bridging the global knowledge divide. However, the promise of MOOCs has remained largely unfulfilled, mainly because of the global digital divide. The closure of schools following the COVID-19 pandemic has reignited interest in MOOCs, with many innovative solutions emerging worldwide. We offer a strong rationale and […]
- An Assessment of Open Educational Resources by students in selected Academic Institutions in Southwest, Nigeria February 12, 2021This paper examined assessment of Open Educational Resources (OER) by students in selected Academic Institutions in Southwest Nigeria. A descriptive research design was used for this study and the instrument used for data collection was the questionnaire. The population of this study comprised two hundred and fifty two respondents from selected academic institutions and a […]
- Evaluation Report on Three Regional Centres Established by the Commonwealth of Learning February 12, 2021This evaluation report reflects on the activities of three Regional Centres (RCs) established by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) and regional partners. Regional Centres engage in capacity building and expansion of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) in their respective regions, and to complement COL initiatives, particularly those relating to Technology Enabled Learning, Teacher Education, Technical/Vocational […]