Select from publications, presentations or press
Overview of publications in other media
- Publications, curated by the Dutch SURF Special Interest Groep Open Education.
- Bibliography, curated by ROER4D.
- CORE, search engine for Open Access publications.
- The Review Project, publications with evidence for OER-claims, curated by John Hilton III.
- Research reports from the EdX research consortium.
Prof. Rory McGreal from Athabasca University in Canada maintains the OER Knowledgecloud with publications about open education. The most recent additions are listed:
- Open Educational Resources in Undergraduate Engineering Education: Opportunities and Challenges August 26, 2020Open Education Resources are pedagogical resources which are available under open licences for reuse and remixing. These resources support collaborative development of education material, the ongoing evolution and improvement of the material and easy access to both educators and students. Several initiatives exist for OER in Canada, and resources specifically targeting engineering are beginning to […]
- Fixing the broken textbook market August 26, 2020The high price of college textbooks remains one of the most significant out of pocket expenses for students. The cost of textbooks has increased at three times the rate of inflation, and although that trend seems to have plateaued in the past few years, the high barrier of overall cost remains. The move from traditional […]
- Improving Access using ICT and OER in Asia August 25, 2020Many practitioners are moving towards adopting OER for improving access and quality. This is particularly true in Asia where universities are reforming aiming to be so-called world-class universities. The shortcut to them seems to be importing ready-made courseware from the elite western universities as OER. However, we have yet to see clear research evidence in […]
- Current Initiatives and Challenges to OERs in Indian Higher Education August 25, 2020In the modern era of information technology, digital resources have become readily accessible source of learning for teachers and learners. One such movement that encourages and enables sharing such learning resources is OER (Open Educational Resources). In India OER movement is especially important as higher education is still facing the paucity of high quality teachers, […]
- Awareness towards Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and their usage for Teacher Education in India August 25, 2020Open and Distance Learning (ODL) system has changing fast with technological advancements and interventions. Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) have emerged as game changers as they are flexible in time and place as well as are mostly free and non credit granting. Though MOOC has gain momentum worldwide but MOOCs in India are in its […]
- Using OER in Asia: Factors, Reforms and Possibilities August 25, 2020Open Educational Resources (OER) are frequently advocated as an educational panacea, an educational technology that can be transported and transferred, reused and revised, to address the global shortage of high-quality online material. This paper explores that scenario by looking at the factors that might promote or inhibit the transfer and re-use of OER into Asian […]
- SWAYAM - Indian MOOCs: An Insider’s Perspective August 25, 2020MOOCs or Massive Open Online Courses were called disruptive technology in 2012. MOOC has proved to be game changer for educational practices. Study Webs of Active –Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM) is an Indian MOOC initiative and is fast catching up in the MOOC world. SWAYAM is designed to achieve the three cardinal principles […]
- Distance Higher Education and MOOCs in China August 25, 2020China has the largest higher education system in the world. The aim of this study is to provide an overview of the literature on distance higher education, including MOOCs, development in China, its accompanying practices, challenges, and opportunities. The study also offers recommendations derived from the literature on how to make distance higher education benefit […]
- Diseño de un sistema de apoyo a la regulación social del aprendizaje en los xMOOC August 19, 2020Esta investigación tiene como objetivo estudiar los procesos de regulación del aprendizaje, atendiendo tanto a su dimensión individual como social, en entornos de xMOOC. En concreto,se propone analizar cómo los procesos de autorregulación, corregulación y regulación social com-partida pueden apoyarse y promoverse en este tipo de contextos abiertos y masivos para conseguirun aprendizaje más profundo. […]
- Open educational resources (OER) usage trends among university students of Pakistan August 19, 2020Benefits of using Open Educational Resources (OERs) across the world have perpetuated great interest to baseline and report how OERs are used in developing countries. This is an initial study to baseline trends of OER use by university students in Pakistan and to present their perceived benefits of OER use to attain academic challenge, collaborative […]