Select from publications, presentations or press
Overview of publications in other media
- Publications, curated by the Dutch SURF Special Interest Groep Open Education.
- Bibliography, curated by ROER4D.
- CORE, search engine for Open Access publications.
- The Review Project, publications with evidence for OER-claims, curated by John Hilton III.
- Research reports from the EdX research consortium.
Prof. Rory McGreal from Athabasca University in Canada maintains the OER Knowledgecloud with publications about open education. The most recent additions are listed:
- An Assessment of Open Educational Resources by students in selected Academic Institutions in Southwest, Nigeria February 12, 2021This paper examined assessment of Open Educational Resources (OER) by students in selected Academic Institutions in Southwest Nigeria. A descriptive research design was used for this study and the instrument used for data collection was the questionnaire. The population of this study comprised two hundred and fifty two respondents from selected academic institutions and a […]
- Evaluation Report on Three Regional Centres Established by the Commonwealth of Learning February 12, 2021This evaluation report reflects on the activities of three Regional Centres (RCs) established by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) and regional partners. Regional Centres engage in capacity building and expansion of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) in their respective regions, and to complement COL initiatives, particularly those relating to Technology Enabled Learning, Teacher Education, Technical/Vocational […]
- Accuracy and Quality of Open Educational Resources: A Phenomenological Study February 12, 2021College textbook prices rose by 1,041% between January 1977 and June 2015. This percentage increase represented three times the rate of annual inflation. College and university instructors consider the move to open educational resources (OERs) as an attempt to lower the cost of higher education in the United States. The selection of open educational resources […]
- OER Policy der Hochschule Reutlingen February 11, 2021Open Educational Resources (OER) sind „Bildungsmaterialien [...], die unter einer offenen Lizenz stehen. Eine solche Lizenz ermöglicht den kostenlosen Zugang sowie die kostenlose Nutzung, Bearbeitung und Weiterverbreitung durch Andere ohne oder mit geringfügigen Einschränkungen. Dabei bestimmen die Urheber selbst, welche Nutzungsrechte sie einräumen und welche Rechte sie sich vorbehalten.“ Die offene Lizenzierung von OER ermöglicht […]
- Peer reviewed courses in OpenCourseWare at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid: towards a P2P assessment system for OERs February 11, 2021Peer review is common practice with scholarly papers and articles prior to publication, but this is not quite the case with educational content, particularly with Open Educational Resources (OERs). The Quality Group for the OpenCourseWare (OCW) Project at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid decided to set up a system to validate the quality of the […]
- Challenges faced by Chinese MOOC platforms and suggested countermeasures: Lessons learnt from Coursera, Udacity and edX February 11, 2021...
- Plan de acción Conocimiento Abierto: marco de actuación February 11, 2021Nos encontramos ante unos retos globales de nuevas dimensiones, la mayo-ría relacionados entre sí y recogidos en gran parte en la Agenda 2030 para el Desarrollo Sostenible de las Naciones Unidas. La Agenda 2030 define 17 objetivos de desarrollo sostenible (ODS) y 169 metas específicas que los países deberán tomar como referencia para conseguir un […]
- Open Education Policy February 11, 2021This policy outlines the vision of Universidad Internacional de la Rioja (UNIR) towards Open Education (OE) in every form: Open Educational Resources (OER), Data, Research results, Policy, Licencing, Technology and Content authoring. It provides an action plan to reach this vision by 2020 and provides a set of guidelines for the adoption of OE in […]
- Facilitating Open Access to Information: A Community Approach to Open Education and Open Textbooks February 11, 2021Access to information as a necessary precondition for human flourishing is recognized explicitly in the UNESCO Strategic Development Goals, and mirrored by the work of universities globally to reduce barriers to information, especially research outputs. Growing international attention has turned to learning and teaching resources, particularly textbooks as a key barrier to fully engaging with, […]
- Adoption of MOOCs by Emerging Countries Seeking Solutions to University Overcrowding: Literature Review and Feedback from the First Scientific MOOC Held by Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdullah University - Fez, Morocco February 11, 2021The adoption of various forms of distance education, particularly MOOCs (an acronym for Massive Open Online Courses), by universities worldwide has continuously gained momentum over the past decade. This is due not only to the importance of maintaining a parallel educational model alongside face-to-face courses in order to complete students’ training, but also in response […]